The Madden 18 Ultimate Team MUT Squads mode is requires three players to band together online to take down an opposing team of three other players, it is a brand new feature. If you do not know too much, it does not matter. Now, we put together this Madden 18 MUT squads guide, to detail everything that goes on in the brand new mode. featuring guides on the best offensive plays to call no matter the situation, as well as a complete guide to the new Longshot story mode.
Madden 18 MUT Squads Guide
As we mentioned above, you have to either gather together two friends to participate in MUT Squads, or you’ll have to join up with two other random players online to form a team.
Once you’ve got a team together, you’ll each have to pick a role for your MUT Squads team. We’ll outline the three roles below, as well as the responsibility that each one bears.
- Offense Captain – As the Offense Captain, you’ll bring in your Madden 18 Ultimate Team offensive roster as well as your offensive playbook. You’ll be able to control any player on the field, including the QB, and it’ll be your responsibility to call both plays and timeouts while your team is on offense.
- Defense Captain – You’ll be able to control any player on the field as the Defense Captain, with the exception of the QB and any kickers. You’ll import your defensive players and defensive playbook to make up the rest of your MUT Squads team, and you’ll have the responsibility of calling defensive plays and timeouts while on defense.
- Head Coach – The most relaxed role of the three, the Head Coach is responsible for bringing in the stadium, head coach card, and team uniforms. You can play any role except QB or kickers while Head Coach, and it’s up to you to make the decisions on penalties.
So effectively, three players make up the full MUT Squads roster, which you then collectively use to play against other teams online. However, actually playing a game of MUT Squads is in itself a challenge, as you’ll need to properly coordinate with both of your teammates in order to win.
Madden 18 MUT Squads Tips and Tricks
We’ve outlined some MUT Squads tips and tricks for you just below, in order to make the entire thing a smoother ride for you.
- If you’re going to take on the Offense Captain role, be prepared to bring in a playbook with a good amount of run plays – throwing can be absolutely chaotic in MUT Squads.
If you are the Offense Captain and you either hand the ball off or pass the ball to an AI-controlled player, you will automatically be put in control of the player who receives the ball.
- When you’re playing the role of a receiver, make sure to stick to your route, and if you do go off-route, make sure it’s in a straight line, so your QB can easily place the ball within your grasp.
- While online voice chat isn’t exactly a necessity in MUT Squads (or even in Madden 18 at all), it can help you coordinate with your fellow teammates and explain exactly what play you’re calling and why.
- When you’re playing on defense, it might be a good idea to have at least one person playing on the defensive line – they can pass rush better than the AI can, and reduce the amount of time the opposing QB has in the pocket.
- Prepare for teams in some cases to be horribly imbalanced, as while you could bring in a great offensive lineup with a rating of 80, someone else could bring in a weaker defensive lineup with a rating of 60.